The statistics are around 1 in 3 dogs and 1 in 5 humans will suffer from some form of Cancer. What will you do to protect you and your pets from this epidemic. Food and environment are essential. Keep your home free of toxic chemicals. Senses Pet Aromatherapy is a safer alternative for everyone.
10 Warning Signs of Cancer in Pets
According to the Colorado State University Flint Animal Cancer Center, the top 10 warning signs of cancer in pets are:
1. Unusual swellings that don’t go away or that grow. The best way to discover lumps, bumps, or swelling on your dog or cat is to pet him.
2. Sores that won’t heal. Non-healing sores can be a sign of infection or cancer and should be evaluated by your veterinarian.
3. Weight loss. Illness could be the reason your pet is losing weight but isn’t on a diet.
4. Loss of appetite. Reluctance or refusal to eat is another sign of possible illness.
5. Bleeding or discharge. Bleeding can occur for a number of reasons, most of which signal a problem. Unexplained vomiting and diarrhoea are considered abnormal discharges, as well.
6. Offensive smell. An unpleasant odour is a common sign of tumor of the anus, mouth, or nose.
7. Difficulty eating or swallowing. This is a common sign of cancers of the mouth or neck.
8. Reluctance to exercise or low energy level. This is often one of the first signs that a pet is not feeling well.
9. Persistent lameness. There can be many causes of lameness, including nerve, muscle, or bone cancer.
10. Difficulty breathing, urinating, or defecating. These symptoms should be evaluated by your veterinarian as soon as possible.
To help your pet avoid cancer, keep him at a healthy weight, feed an anti-inflammatory diet, reduce/eliminate exposure to toxins, and make informed spay/neuter decisions.